Code Compliance

Code Compliance

The purpose of the Code Compliance Division is to to educate our community and enforce the City Code of Ordinances. Education and enforcement protects the integrity of our neighborhood, supports our business community, maintains our quality of living and maximizes property value.

Code Compliance Zones

Please click on the link and select the tab to view our Code Compliance Zones Map

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I report a code violation?

You may report a violation online or contact your Code Compliance Officer directly. Identify your zone's Code Compliance Officer using the Code Compliance map. You may also contact the Code Compliance Division at 954-956-1476. The officers are out of the office patrolling most of the day. Feel free to leave us your contact information and the nature of your call and we will contact you by end of the next business day.

What about weekends?

You may report a violation online or contact a Code Compliance Officer at 954-405-1765. If you need immediate assistance, call the Coconut Creek Police non-emergency number at 954-973-6700.

Can I make an anonymous complaint?

A code enforcement officer may not initiate an investigation of a potential violation of a duly enacted code or ordinance by way of an anonymous complaint. A person who reports a potential violation of a code or an ordinance must provide his or her name and address to the respective local government before an investigation may occur. This paragraph does not apply if the code enforcement officer has reason to believe that the violation presents an imminent threat to public health, safety, or welfare or imminent destruction of habitat or sensitive resources.

Where can I park my car?

Passenger vehicles shall park on a paved driveway, within a carport, in a garage, a screened side yard or the swale area in front of owner’s home, as long as it does not damage swale.

Can I park my boat at my house?

Check with your homeowner’s association to see if parking your boat is permitted in your neighborhood. Boats parked on the side of the home must be screened in on three sides and cannot exceed 22ft in length.

Can I park my work truck at my house?

Your work truck may be parked at your house as long as all signage and equipment is removed or is covered with an approved cover. Commercial vehicles cannot exceed 10,000lbs gross vehicle weight, 8ft in width nor 22ft in length.

My neighbor needs to trim his tree. Can you help?

The City cannot require your neighbor to trim the trees that overhang onto your property. However, if your neighbor's tree impedes a roadway or sidewalk it is required to be trimmed. In addition, you are permitted to trim any tree that overhang onto your property. Check out our Landscaping page for proper tree pruning information.

Do I need a building permit?

A building permit is required depending on the type of work you are planning to do. If a building permit is required you must obtain it PRIOR to starting the work. Contact Building for requirements.

Butterfly Capital of the World

© 2024 City of Coconut Creek. All rights reserved. Butterfly and Coconut Creek emblem are registered trademark of the City of Coconut Creek. Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.